The Coe Foundation for Archaeological Research, Inc. (CFAR) promotes responsible stewardship to preserve and protect North Carolina's archaeological resources; strives to optimize archaeological programs, projects, and initiatives through preservation, education, and enhancement of archaeological resources, sites, and collections; and disseminates information to the public to increase public awareness of North Carolina's archaeological heritage.
CFAR provides technical and educational assistance to agencies, institutions, museums, schools, and non-profit organizations dedicated to preservation and public education of North Carolina's citizens regarding the importance of the archaeological past. Programs may include professionally supervised archaeological research, financial grants, equipment donations, educational publications, public exhibits, displays, and volunteer services.
- Increase public awareness of the importance of preserving our archaeological heritage
- Increase availability of archaeological information to all geographical areas
- Enhance archaeological knowledge through support of post secondary school studies
- Enhance teaching of archaeology and prehistory in elementary schools
- Improve facilities that maintain, exhibit, and research archaeological collections
- Provide grants and assistance to agencies, institutions, and non-profit organizations dedicated to preservation, protection, and public education of North Carolina's archaeological past
The Coe Foundation for Archaeological Research, Inc.
Post Office Box 25311
Raleigh, North Carolina 27611-5311